Monday, June 14, 2010

Good morning. This is my first blog. I will start with a confession: I tend not to read blogs. The blogosphere has made everyone who can type and figure out how to set up a blog account a published writer. Let's face it: just because I have an idea and I know how to type does not mean I'm a writer. Same goes for you.

I am 52 years old. I am in the midst of various mid life crises. I need an outlet. So, this morning, I set up my first blog account. Yea, I am now a published writer.

I would like for this blog to maintain a theme. So, for the time being, those of you who come to read this blog will read about movies. Perhaps I should say "Films." I am obviously qualified to write film reviews as I took that one film class in the French department at Miami University back in 1978. It was an awesome class. Other qualification: in my household we have an ongoing competition. If you walk into the room and a movie is playing on the TV you are obligated to Name That Film in 4 Seconds. Many of our family members can do this. I, of course, maintain superiority. I have even impressed my teenage daughters' friends on occasion.

I have set up my blog space. I have created a theme. I have spelled out my qualifications for this particular vocation I seek to try out. I think that is a tremendously productive morning.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Impressing teenagers is quite the feat. Well done. Keep on blogging on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! For you. I plan on obsessively checking in...

    ReplyDelete